Shopping for wedding gifts and wedding shower gifts at the last minute can be stressful, especially when you don’t know the couple very well or when they don’t have a registry to guide you. In this article, we’ll share many luxurious wedding gifts and wedding gifting etiquette to make shopping for a wedding gift stress-free and fun!
Last Minute Wedding Gifts
If you’ve waited until the last minute to shop for a wedding gift, don’t sweat it! With the rise of online shopping in recent years, you can easily choose something from the couple’s registry and have it shipped to their door or find a pre-packaged gift set that can be ordered on demand. Although some people still bring wedding gifts to the wedding celebration, most choose to streamline the process by shipping the gift directly to the couple’s home– which is more fast and convenient. Although it’s a good idea to send your wedding gift as promptly as possible (ideally before the wedding), wedding gifting etiquette provides a bit of a grace period, recommending the gift be delivered within two months after the wedding date.
Here is a list of last-minute wedding gift ideas to help get your ideas flowing:
- Choose something from their registry. A recent survey by The Knot found that 80% of engaged couples set up a wedding registry. This makes shopping for a wedding gift quick, easy, and convenient. Plus, the couple is guaranteed to appreciate and use the gift, as it’s something they specifically asked for.
- Contribute to a cash fund, such as a honeymoon fund, new car fund, or downpayment fun, if they have one set up. This will usually be listed as an option on their online wedding registry. If not, some cash with a nice card will surely be appreciated.
- Order a ready-to-ship cocktail gift set with a beautiful pair of glasses and all the fixings to raise a glass to their new life together.
- Buy an Airbnb gift card that they can spend on a romantic getaway, honeymoon, or anniversary trip.
- Put together a themed gift for a romantic outing, like this summer picnic gift set with an ethically-woven picnic blanket and treats to share. This gift is pre-curated and ready-to-ship, perfect for last-minitue shoppers!
- Think of a gift card for an activity they can enjoy together as newlyweds, like a Sur la Table gift card for a date night cooking class.
- Get them a nice luggage set to send them off on their honeymoon in style.
- Curate a themed gift to encourage the love birds to pamper one another, like a breakfast in bed gift basket or a blissful bath gift basket.
- Make a donation in the couple’s name to a cause that is close to their heart.
If you’re shopping in a rush, we recommend looking for ready-to-ship wedding gifts or gift sets that can be delivered with the click of a button. Here at Bestowe, we have many pre-curated gift sets on our website to make last-minute gift shopping easy and convenient– all you have to do is choose a gift and we’ll handle all the logistics like wrapping, personalization, and delivery for you!
Wedding Gift & Wedding Shower Gift Etiquette
When shopping for a wedding gift or wedding shower gift, it’s important to read up on the latest etiquette. One of the biggest questions you may have is how much is appropriate to spend on a wedding gift. Of course, how much to spend depends on several factors, such as your relationship with the bride and groom and your financial situation– but on average, wedding guests in 2021 spent $160 on a wedding gift. For a wedding shower or bridal shower, most guests spend around $50-$75.
If the couple has a wedding registry and/or a wedding shower registry, it’s usually a good idea to choose something from the said registry– especially if you don’t know the bride and groom closely. If you want to make the wedding gift more unique and personal, you can always add something to the gift you choose from the registry such as a book of memories or a heartfelt letter. Another option is to pick an additional add-on gift that fits with the theme of the gift from their registry– like a cookbook or food lovers basket to go with a kitchen appliance, or this around the campfire gift set to go with some camping gear.
Wedding Shower Gift Ideas
Some couples have wedding showers to celebrate both the bride and groom together, while others have more traditional bridal showers that focus solely on the bride. Traditional shower gifts for the bride include vases, cookware, champagne glasses, luxurious sleepwear, fine linens, and other home decor items.
In general, the best shower gifts are those that fit the bride and/or groom’s interests— think about what you know about them and what they most enjoy doing together as a couple and you can’t go wrong! You can also look to the theme of the wedding shower for inspiration or check the wedding website for clues to point you in the right direction. Perhaps they share the story of their first date on their website— for example, if they fell in love on a tropical vacation, you could give them a beachy gift basket to bring back memories of that special time they shared.
Last Minute Wedding Shower Gifts
Gift baskets are another common gift for wedding showers, as they help tie together a bunch of smaller gifts and make them appear more substantial. If you’re in need of a last-minute gift basket, look for one that’s pre-curated and ready to ship off immediately. You can have it delivered right to their doorstep!
Last Minute Wedding Gift Ideas to Save the Day!
If you’re still in need of wedding gift ideas, Bestowe has countless gift baskets and gift sets to choose from. When you’re in a pinch, you can choose from the many curated, ready-to-ship gift baskets on our website. Our team will take care of all the details to ensure the wedding gift is beautifully wrapped, sustainably sourced, personalized, and delivered on time. We can even work with you to curate a custom wedding gift set with the happy couple-to-be in mind!